Banner Ups Hem Reinforcing POWERTAPE - 1.5" X 36 yards - PTAPE
Use PowerTape with PowerTabs to create ultra strong banners
PowerTape - Banner Hem Alternative (Edge Reinforcing Tape)
- Use PowerTape® to create a super strong banner of any length.
- Single-sided super strong film. No need to fold hem.
- Duplicates the strength of folded hem and double-sided banner tape, but eliminates the hassle!
- Eliminate the risk of damage to image by post-print sewing.
- Create a perfectly sharp digital banner.
- No rippled hem.
- Fabricate a mighty banner in only 3 minutes!
- Recommended for outdoor banners more than 8 feet in length.
- When used with PowerTabs® apply PowerTabs® first. This is because PowerTabs® will not stick over PowerTape® because the tape has a silicone release coating.
- Apply light tension to banner for easy application.
- Position 1/8”-1/4” from top and bottom edge to allow for some tape wander.
- PowerTape® may be used along sides of vertical banners to reduce edge curl.
- Roll is 1.5" wide x 36 yds long
What is the difference between PowerTape® and typical double sided banner hemming tape? The first difference is that PowerTape® is not double sided. It is a single sided tape, but it is made with a super strong film so that you get the strength of a hem without the hassle. With regular double sided banner hemming tape, you must lay down tape all along the edge of the banner, then carefully fold the fabric and press it against the tape. Most people find this to be a real pain! It takes some practice to get it right, plus, if you mess up you have to start all over or the hem looks awful.
How do I use PowerTape®? PowerTape® is a single sided tape that comes on a convenient self wound roll. To use it you simply lay the banner face down on a table, apply PowerTabs® and strip PowerTape® along the top and bottom edge of the unfinished banner on top of the PowerTabs®, punch a hole through the tab center hole, the tape, and banner media. Then, fasten your rope, and you are ready to go. It may seem obvious, but the tape goes on the back of the banner. There are a few tips that will help. First, it helps if you can clamp both ends of the banner on a table with just a little tension to remove any wrinkles. Next, you don't need to place the PowerTape® exactly along the edge. It is better to give yourself ¼" leeway to allow for any slight wandering as you go down the banner. You will develop your own technique, but we have always found it helpful to pull off an arms length of tape at a time and lay that down, using some tension to keep the tape straight then pull off another, etc.